The one-line synopses I’ve received so far for stories being told this Wednesday include, in no particular order…
- “Evidence that the course of true love never did run smooth…especially while on the run from the police.”
- “It concerns a scientific research centre in a converted gothic manor, and a shy apparition at the foot of the stairs.”
- ”My worst ever Valentine’s Day. Or possibly keeping silkworms in a shoebox.”
- “My first ever gig, in the year 2000, and how it changed my view of music indefinitely.”
- “A sweeping romantic gesture that went horribly wrong, involving cross-dressing and a pantomime cow.”
- “I’m going to tell a story about a mean old lady who died. But that’s not the punchline.”
- “A stuffed rabbit, a three-hour game of pool and a girl who never spoke to me again.”
…aaaaand there’ll be more besides. Some of it coming from you lot. So, uh, there y’go. COME! (7.45pm, The Castle, Oldham St.)
@3 months ago
Big thanks to Metro for sticking a lovely mention of us in their national round-up of weird things to do circa Valentine’s Day. They’ve put us in the middle of a whole bunch of scantily-clad people, which makes our Feb 13 event (join up to the event listing on Facebook to get automatic reminders and suchlike! Or don’t!) look precisely as sexy as it DEFINITELY WILL BE.
Storytellers on the 13th will include Tom Mason, Ruth Clemens, Zach Roddis, Jennifer Gaskell, Dermot Glennon, Kate Ashley and Lee Moore. (Here’s a Twitter post linking to a few of their profiles if you want to scope them out beforehand.) Slots for the one after - March 13th, as it goes - are filling up fast, so drop us a line if you’re interested in performing either then, in April, or any other time.
Cheers, seeya next week! x
@3 months ago